The following information was updated in the Lab Catalog.
The links below will redirect to the lab catalog entries for specimen collection and other test information.
Collection Instruction Change: Check that you are using the correct collection device for the correct specimen type or source
- Vitamin K1 (Blood) – Now collected in Lavender Top EDTA tube (or Pink Top EDTA) Reminder:
- Protect from light after collection (wrap in paper towel or tinfoil)
- Keep specimen on wet ice until it arrives to the lab
- Patient fasting required AND avoid vitamins at least 24 hours before collection
- KRAS Mutation Analysis – Added new specimen type: Body Fluid
- Chlamydia and Gonococcus Testing (Alinity m Multi-Collect) – Oropharyngeal and Rectal swab specimens are acceptable testing sources using the Alinity m Multi-Collect testing kit [ITM-1190747]
- DEXA Dexamethasone Serum to Mayo New test added with new order code. Please review for clinical information and possible updated collection instructions.
Re-routed: Testing is no longer performed at the Local Regional Hospital Lab and has been rerouted and will be performed in Spectrum Health Reference Lab (“SHRL”) Grand Rapids, MI.
- Urea Urine Test: Both Urea Nitrogen Random Urine and Urea Nitrogen 24-hour Urine: No longer performed in Pennock Lab
- Vitamin D: No longer performed in Gerber, Ludington, Big Rapids and Reed City
- Giardia/Cryptosporidium Screen: No longer performed in Ludington lab
- GGT Level No longer performed at Pennock, Ludington or United (Greenville)
- Mandatory Reflex Testing V.23
- Referral Guide (collection information for tests that are not performed by Spectrum Health but instead referred to an outside laboratory)
EMR/LIS (eSHare or Interface) Updates:
The following lab tests have updated information for interfaced clients (non-Spectrum Health/Independent Outpatient offices or not on EPIC) with Spectrum Health Laboratories. If you did not receive the file definition via email, please contact your vendor, the PRAS Team or use the Contact Us link above.
Format= Change type: Test Name [Interface Code] Additional Information
Please ensure your EMR has the latest order and result codes, and ask at order entry (AOE) questions
- Dexamethasone, Serum 
- NTRK Gene Fusion 
- Phosphatidylethanol Confirmation 
Please ensure your EMR has the replacement orderable, result codes, and ask at order entry (AOE) questions
- Custom Dermatology Panel 
- Custom Psoriasis Panel 
- Phosphatidylethanol (PETH) Whole Blood 
- HIV-1 DNA and RNA Qualitative Detection by PCR Plasma 
New AOE Question
- Question Code: LAB350 Specimen Source attached to Chlamydia/Gonococcus PCR, Chlamydia PCR , Gonococcus PCR 
- Question Code: LAB349 Tissue Fresh or Fixed in Formalin replaces SH Question Code Lab188 for test Tissue Pathology 
New Result Component
- Cell Sort by Flow Cytometry