The following information was updated in the Spectrum Health Laboratory Catalog.
• Clostridium difficile Toxin [LAB3664] – Clinical Information updated:
◊ For patients less than 12 months of age, this EIA method may be performed only by request of Infectious Disease or Gastroenterology providers.
◊ For patients 12 to 24 months of age, this EIA may be performed, but should not be reflexed to C. difficile PCR.
• New test: Thyroglobulin Antibody [LAB1230840]
• When an order for Urine Culture [LAB239] and Urinalysis, do Culture if indicated [LAB348] is placed in the same encounter, these labs will update at the time of collection to an order for Urine Culture [LAB239] and Urinalysis [LAB2111180] to decrease duplicate urine cultures.
• Glucose Tolerance Test 1 hour for Gestational Diabetes Screen [LAB2111082]: Reference Range update: 65-135 mg/dL
• Thyroglobulin Antibody, Serum [LAB1230457] (send out test to Mayo), replacement test: Thyroglobulin Antibody [LAB1230840], performed at SHRL
• Honey IgE [LAB2111446], no replacement test
• Saffron IgE [LAB3443], no replacement test
• CAP certificates updated
◊ Spectrum Health Advanced Technology Lab (ATL)
◊ Spectrum Health Reference Lab (SHRL)
◊ Spectrum Health Butterworth Lab (SHBW)
◊ Spectrum Health Blodgett Immediate Response Lab (BIRL)
◊ Spectrum Health Ludington Lab (SHLH)
◊ Spectrum Health Zeeland Lab (SHZH)
EMR/LIS (eSHare) Updates:
The following lab tests have updated information for interfaced clients (non-Spectrum Health or Independent offices) with Spectrum Health Laboratories. If you did not receive the file definition via email, please contact your vendor, the PRAS Team or use the Contact Us link above.
Format- Change type: Test Name (Interface Code)
• Result Codes Updated: Herpes Simplex 1/2 HSV1 and HSV2 Qualitative PCR Rectal Swab  – Old results: 1230301149 and 12306882, new results: 12309491 and 12309492
• Result Codes Updated: Herpes Simplex 1/2 HSV1 and HSV2 Quantitative PCR Aqueous Fluid  – Old results 1230301151 and 12306880, new results: 12309495 and 12309496
• Result Codes Updated: Herpes Simplex 1/2 HSV1 and HSV2 Quantitative PCR Trach Aspirate  – Old results 1230301155 and 12306877, new results: 12309497 and 12309498
• Result Codes Updated: Herpes Simplex 1/2 HSV1 and HSV2 Quantitative PCR Vitreous Fluid  – Old results 1230301157 and 12306879, new results: 12309500 and 12309501
• Discontinued Test: Honey IgE 
• Discontinued Test: Immunoglobulin Light Chain, Urine 
• Discontinued Test: Saffron IgE 
• Discontinued Test: Thyroglobulin Antibody, Serum 
• New Test: Thyroglobulin Antibody  – Result Code 
• New Lab ONLY Test: Send Out Chromosomal Microarray, Tumor FFPE  – Result Code 
• New Lab ONLY Test: Send Out Neuro-Oncology Expanded Gene Panel with Rearrangement, Tumor – Result Code