Effective October 3, 2023, Corewell Health Laboratories will discontinue the Influenza Rapid and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Rapid tests. These antigen tests are less sensitive than the nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT; such as PCR) that are now the standard of care for diagnosing these respiratory viruses. Specimen collection remains unchanged with PCR testing available for nasopharyngeal and nasal swabs collected in a universal transport media (UTM) tube.
• Influenza (Flu) A/B Rapid – Epic Code: LAB9240
• Influenza (Flu) A/B Rapid, Influenza A/B PCR if Negative – Epic Code: LAB2111530
• Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Rapid – Epic Code: LAB495
• Influenza (Flu) A/B PCR – Epic Code: LAB3255
• COVID-19, Influenza A/B, RSV PCR – Epic Code: LAB1230746