New Test Announcement
Corewell Health Advanced Technology Laboratory is pleased to announce the addition of Trichomonas, Mycoplasma Genitalium (Mgen), and STI Panel testing on the Alinity m platform.
As of 1/5/2023, Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) and Mycoplasma genitalium (MG) STI tests are available using the Alinity m collection kit and a panel which includes the above plus Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NG).
All four tests may be run on one urogenital sample, saving cost and time, and reducing human error.
What testing do I order?
- Chlamydia PCR [LAB1230886]
- Gonococcus PCR [LAB1230887]
- Mycoplasma Genitalium PCR [LAB1230889]
- Trichomonas PCR [LAB1230888]
- STI Panel (Alinity) [LAB1230890] (includes MG, TV, CT and NG)
- Chlamydia/Gonococcus PCR [LAB1230885] (includes CT and NG)
How do I collect the specimen?
Please send urine or swab in the Alinity m Multicollect tube. Please see lab catalog for detailed collection instructions. (spectrumhealth.testcatalog.org)
Which collection device to use:
Corewell Health – West Sites: Workday Order ITM-1190747
Non-Corewell Health Sites: Supply form “STD Multi-Collection Kit”
- This update will not impact APTIMA tests or the APTIMA collection devices. If you order APTIMA testing and use APTIMA collection devices, you may continue to do so.
- This testing is not validated on pediatric patients under the age of 14 years old. Testing for these patient populations should use APTIMA collection devices and order Reference Miscellaneous [LAB848]