The following information was updated in the Lab Catalog.
The links below will redirect to the lab catalog entries for specimen collection and other test information.
New Test: The following tests are now performed at Corewell Health Laboratories. Please review clinical, ordering and specimen collection information for more.
- NTRK Gene Fusion [LAB1230897]
Collection Instruction Change: Check that you are using the correct collection device for the correct specimen type or source
- Influenza PCR [LAB3255] “Dry Swabs” or “Saline Swabs” are no longer acceptable collection material. Please use UTM Viral Transport Media for collection.
- COVID-19, Flu A/B, RSV PCR [LAB1230746] “4-plex” is now available at all regional hospital laboratories, except Corewell Health Kelsey Hospital Lab.
- FDP [LAB7610] Specimen stability updated
- Gabapentin Blood Level [LAB470] Grey top is an acceptable container type
- Amino Acids, Quantitative, Random, Urine [LAB355] Container and minimum volume updated
Reference Range Update: The reference range has been updated and may impact your clinical care workflows going forward.
- Platelet Aggregation Studies [LAB2111147] If agonists are decreased (ADP 20 µm, ADP 2.5 µm, Ristocetin 1500 µg/mL, Epinephrine 300 µm, Collagen 10 µg/mL, Arachidonic Acid 500 µg/mL), or increased Ristocetin 500 µg/mL then a pathologist review of results with interpretation will be performed.
- Meconium Drug Testing [LAB479] Opiates, Meconium updated to 20 ng/g and Oxycodone and Oxymorphone were added to the opiates listed.
Re-routed: Testing is no longer performed at the Local Regional Hospital Lab and has been rerouted and will be performed in Spectrum Health Reference Lab (“SHRL”) Grand Rapids, MI.
Discontinued: These tests are no longer performed by Corewell Health Laboratories. If you require this testing please order LAB848 Reference Miscellaneous Test and indicate test name in the order comment.
- IgE Hops [LAB2111310]
EMR/LIS (eSHare or Interface) Updates:
The following lab tests have updated information for interfaced clients (non-Spectrum Health/Independent Outpatient offices or not on EPIC) with Spectrum Health Laboratories. If you did not receive the file definition via email, please contact your vendor, the PRAS Team or use the Contact Us link above.
Format= Change type: Test Name [Interface Code] Additional Information
Please ensure your EMR has the latest order and result codes, and ask at order entry (AOE) questions
New Result Components
- Meconium Drug Screen 
- For a list of new results components, please use the contact us link above.