The following information was updated in the Lab Catalog.
• Hepatitis C Antibody Screening [LAB3542] Added to Important Note “Routine Screening in Pregnant Individuals (ACOG Practice Advisory)”
• COVID-19 PCR, Rapid [LAB1230619] Added to Important Note “Puritan PurFlock Ultra swabs are incompatible with this test and will give an invalid result if tested.”
Note: This test is only available to Butterworth ED, Blodgett Hospital and Regional Hospital Inpatients Only
• Occult Blood Screen, Stool (Polymedco FIT) [LAB1230599] Specimen Stability Updated for Non OC-Auto Sampling Bottle
• Vitamin B3, Niacin (Nicotinic Acid) [LAB1230006] has been inactivated and replaced with Vitamin B3 and Metabolites, Plasma [LAB1230858].
• Muscle Biopsy [LAB1230451] was added as a Referral Test
Blog Post: Herpes Simplex Virus PCR Update
Blog Post: Influenza Testing Update April 2022
March EMR/LIS (eSHare or Interface) Updates:
The following lab tests have updated information for interfaced clients (non-Spectrum Health or Independent offices) with Spectrum Health Laboratories. If you did not receive the file definition via email, please contact your vendor, the PRAS Team or use the Contact Us link above.
Format= Change type: Test Name [Interface Code] Additional Information
• Factor V Leiden DNA/Prothrombin G20210A  (with result Factor V Leiden DNA Analysis  & Prothrombin G20210A [12301800)
• Required Ask at Order Entry question: Specimen Type, Multiple Choice (Blood, Venus; Blood, Arterial; Blood, Capillary; Blood, Central Line)
• Vitamin B3 Niacin  – Replacement test: Vitamin B3 and Metabolites, Plasma  (with new results Nicotinic Acid (Niacin) , Nicotinamide , Nicotinuric Acid )
• Trypanosoma Cruzi Antibody IgG, Serum  – Replacement test: Trypanosoma Cruzi Total Antibody, Enzyme-Linked Immunosm 
• Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis  – Replacement test: Reference Miscellaneous