New posts will appear below this post.
Spectrum Health Laboratories is accepting COVID test orders from Spectrum Health and outside providers. For additional information, please refer to our Outpatient Provider Office Collection Information Packet. This packet contains ordering and supply information as well as other related information.
- Spectrum Health Laboratory offers nasal self-collection observation at select draw sites. Patient must have valid order before collection.
- Spectrum Health patients can use the virtual screening and test self-scheduling via MyChart,
- Be screened over the phone by calling the Spectrum Health COVID-19 hotline at 833.559.0659. The hotline should be used by those who have never received services at Spectrum Health, require an interpreter or special assistance, or are a pre-procedure or surgery patient.
Providers: COVID-19 testing criteria:
LINK: Symptoms of COVID-19 (CDC guidelines)
LINK: Testing criteria (CDC guidelines)
Facilities: If you would like to receive testing for your staff and/or residents please follow these instructions:
•Call: 616-486-1075 or
Outpatient Draw Site Hours:
Outpatient draw site hours and availability may have changed. Please refer to Find-A-Doc for more information.
• Link: Find-A-Doc Location
Nasopharyngeal (NP) swabs are the preferred specimen type.
If NP swabs cannot be collected, anterior nasal swabs may be collected as an alternative with slightly reduced sensitivity.
Awareness – Respiratory Pathogens by Film Array:
Patients, physicians and APPs have reported confusion around the results of Spectrum Health Laboratories LAB3359 Respiratory Pathogens by Film Array. To clarify:
• This test does NOT test for COVID-19 Coronavirus
• A positive result for coronavirus indicates a non-COVID-19 strain
• Microbiology department has added a disclaimer to the result noting the positive is not for COVID-19
Awareness – Labels (SHMG and SH Epic Users) 10/19/2020
COVID-19 PCR Label (Outpatient or Inpatient ordering)
- Now states “Swab” as the collection method. Please refer to the Order & Specimen Collection Guide for more details.
COVID-19 PCR, Rapid Label (Inpatient ordering)
- Now states ambient and one-hour stability. Please refer to the Order & Specimen Collection Guide for more details.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
• Spectrum Health and SHMG providers, please check on InSite for any information specific to Spectrum Health.