Beginning Tuesday, January 4, 2022, Spectrum Health Laboratories will include an automated neutrophil (PMN) count on Cell Count with Differential, Body Fluid (LAB210) orders for peritoneal body fluids. This component will be displayed in Epic as an absolute PMN count, body fluid.
• The absolute PMN count in the peritoneal fluid is calculated by multiplying the total nucleated cell count by the percentage of PMNs in the differential.
• This calculation aids in the diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP).
• The diagnosis of bacterial peritonitis is established by a positive peritoneal fluid bacterial culture and an elevated peritoneal fluid absolute PMN count (≥250 cells/uL).
• Epic will automatically calculate the absolute PMN count in peritoneal body fluids based on the manual differential data.
• This component ONLY calculates for Cell Count with Differentials (LAB210) on PERITONEAL BODY FLUIDS
Questions and Inquiries may be directed to the “Contact Us” link above
• Cell Count with Differential, Body Fluid – Epic Code: LAB210, Interface Code: 10326, CPT: 89050, 89051