Effective immediately there has been an update to scheduling breath testing. Both the Bacterial Overgrowth and Lactose Intolerance breath tests must be scheduled through Epic or via Spectrum Health MyChart app.
Instructions for Spectrum Health Epic Providers
• Schedule the test, similar to any other procedure
• Department: SHBW LAB OP 100 MICH 
• Provider/Resource: SHBW LAB OP 100 MICH 02 
• And Visit Types: LAB BACTERIAL OVERGROWTH BT  and LAB LACTOSE INTOLERANCE BT 
*This visit type must be scheduled from an order. Lab cannot complete the test if there is no order placed.*
Instructions for MyChart or Non Epic Providers
• Providers: Sign into EpicCare Link and place your order or fax your order to the Orders Team (616-774-7696)
• Once the order is placed in Epic, any patient with an active MyChart account will receive a ticket which they can use to self-schedule the test.
• Further Instructions for Patient: Bacterial Overgrowth Test
• Further Instructions for Patient: Lactose Intolerance Test
Bacterial Overgrowth, Breath Test – Epic code: LAB3295