Please read below for Labor Day holiday hours for the following departments in the Laboratory:
- Referrals Department (Spectrum Health Regional Laboratory, Grand Rapids)
- Outpatient Draw Sites (Outpatient Phlebotomy)
- Flow Cytometry Laboratory (Advanced Technology Laboratory, Grand Rapids)
REFERRALS DEPARTMENT (“Send Outs”, Spectrum Health Regional Laboratory, Grand Rapids)
In observance of Labor Day, the Referral Department will be closed on Monday, September 4, 2017.
There will be no shipping (FedEx) on Monday, September 4, 2017.
Please do not draw:
- TB Spots (Transplant TB Screen) after 12:00 pm on Friday, September 1st – Monday, September 4th.
- Immuknow after 12:00 pm on Thursday, August 30th – Monday, September 4th.
- Lymphocyte Mitogens and IABCS (Immune Assessment B Cell Subsets) must be drawn the same day and received in Referrals (Grand Rapids) by 2:00 pm on Thursday, August 31st. Do not draw samples after the deadline on Thursday, August 31st – Monday, September 4th.
- Please call the Referrals Department about any genetic testing on Friday, September 1st; many genetic tests must be received by the performing lab within a certain time frame.
This does not include standard Mayo, Specialty or Viracor testing.
To ensure specimen integrity please see the directions above.
Call Referrals with any questions: 616-267-2753
OUTPATIENT DRAW SITES (Outpatient Phlebotomy)
In observance of Labor Day, outpatient laboratory draw sites will be closed on Monday, September 4, 2017.
Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
For a list of sites and hours please visit: http://www.spectrumhealth.org/locations
FLOW CYTOMETRY LABORATORY (Advanced Technology Laboratory, “ATL”, Grand Rapids)
In observance of Labor Day, the Flow Cytometry Laboratory will not be open for routine testing on Monday, September 4, 2017.
To ensure specimen integrity, please do not collect specimens for the following tests during this holiday:
- Complete Immune Competency Panel (CD3, CD4, CD8, CD16/56, CD19)
- CD4 & CD8 (CD3, CD4, CD8, CD19)
- CD4 Absolute Count
- HLA B27 Screen
- Leukemia/Lymphoma/Myeloma Panel
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH)
- Oxidative Burst
- Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiency (LAD)
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome (ALPS)
- Flow Cytometry Request
If there is a question whether or not a test needs to be performed urgently, please contact the Lab Call Center at 616-774-7721 who will then contact the hematopathologist on call.
To ensure specimen integrity please follow the guidelines stated above.