Please read below for Independence Day holiday hours for the following departments in the Laboratory:
- Referrals Department (Spectrum Health Regional Laboratory, Grand Rapids)
- Outpatient Draw Sites (Outpatient Phlebotomy)
- Flow Cytometry Laboratory (Advanced Technology Laboratory, Grand Rapids)
REFERRALS DEPARTMENT (“Send Outs”, Spectrum Health Regional Laboratory, Grand Rapids)
In observance of Independence Day, the Referral Department will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
There will be no shipping (FedEx) on Monday, July 3, 2017.
Please do not draw:
- TB Spots (Transplant TB Screen) after 12:00 pm on Friday, June 30th – Tuesday, July 4th.
- Immuknow after 12:00 pm on Thursday, June 29th – Tuesday, July 4th.
- Lymphocyte Mitogens and IABCS (Immune Assessment B Cell Subsets) must be drawn the same day and received in Referrals (Grand Rapids) by 2:00 pm on Thursday, June 29th. Do not draw samples after the deadline on Thursday, June 29th – Tuesday, July 4th.
- Please call the Referrals Department about any genetic testing on Friday, June 30th; many genetic tests must be received by the performing lab within a certain time frame.
This does not include standard Mayo, Specialty or Viracor testing.
To ensure specimen integrity please see the directions above.
Call Referrals with any questions: 616-267-2753
OUTPATIENT DRAW SITES (Outpatient Phlebotomy)
In observance of Independence Day, outpatient laboratory draw sites will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
All sites will be open their regular business hours on Monday, July 3rd. Regular business hours will resume on Wednesday, July 5th.
For a list of sites and hours please visit: http://www.spectrumhealth.org/locations
FLOW CYTOMETRY LABORATORY (Advanced Technology Laboratory, “ATL”, Grand Rapids)
In observance of Independence Day, the Flow Cytometry Laboratory will not be open for routine testing on Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
To ensure specimen integrity, please do not collect specimens for the following tests during this holiday:
- Complete Immune Competency Panel (CD3, CD4, CD8, CD16/56, CD19)
- CD4 & CD8 (CD3, CD4, CD8, CD19)
- CD4 Absolute Count
- HLA B27 Screen
- Leukemia/Lymphoma/Myeloma Panel
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH)
- Oxidative Burst
- Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiency (LAD)
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome (ALPS)
- Flow Cytometry Request
If there is a question whether or not a test needs to be performed urgently, please contact the Lab Call Center at 616-774-7721 who will then contact the hematopathologist on call.
To ensure specimen integrity please follow the guidelines stated above.